JOBS IN BEDFORD
Trainee Children and Young Peoples Support Workers
About This Post
Due to the increase of services Fulbridge Social care now provide for, we have exciting and challenging roles available in Milton Keynes and surrounding areas.
At Fulbridge social care we take pride in being able to take on Trainee Children and Young People’s Support Worker’s. As one of the largest and market leading specialist providers of staff for children’s residential care homes and independent living we will provide you with all the training you need, giving you the best possible start to your new career.
Successful candidates will be placed in a residential setting and will work as part of a dedicated and enthusiastic team all striving for the same outcome which is changing the lives of young people for the better.
Your emphasis will be on making sure the quality of care the children and young people receive is of the highest standards. You’ll need to be resilient, compassionate, consistent, professional and confident in dealing with challenging behaviour.
• You need to be able to work within strict guidelines
• Be a strong team player with ability to show initiative – all whilst
• Be able to work under pressure
• Have a sensitive, professional approach
• Be reliable and dependable
• Have excellent communication skills
• Have good record keeping skills
WHAT WE OFFER
• Full training and qualifications are offered to successful candidates
including Team Teach; Child Protection; CPD Certified First Aid;
Understanding Sexualised Behaviour; Working with Self Harm and
Understanding Autism and ADHD
• Monthly supervisions
• Weekly pay - delivered accurately and on time
• All positions hold a minimum age requirement of 21 years in
accordance with national minimum standards.
• A driving licence is essential for this position as you may be required to
drive the unit car to take the young people to appointments such as
family contacts, meetings, school and social activities.
Please note that you would be required to complete an enhanced DBS with Fulbridge Social Care at a cost of £57 met by the employee or provide a portable DBS. Please also note that International checks might also be required as part of compliance if you have lived or worked for an extensive period abroad. All candidates must also successfully complete the induction assessment training as part of candidate compliance, prior to any placements being offered.